Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sleep deprivation

I don't remember ever having trouble sleeping when I was younger. For some reason, middle-age brings with it so many things that cause sleep-deprivation! No wonder I'm tired so often!

Let's see - there's caffeine, spicy foods, fatty foods, stress, sensitivity to temperature, nightly bathroom runs...what was it last night? I think it was a combination of the caffeine in that diet soda I drank when we were out, and the multiple glasses of water with dinner that did it. Seems like every hour on the hour I was looking at the clock wondering where my good night of sleep was.

It doesn't happen every night but I certainly appreciate those nice deep slumbers when I get them. With the weather turning cooler when the sun disappears, if I am really, really careful about what I eat or drink after, say, 4pm every day, well maybe - just maybe - I'll enjoy some of those good nights of sleep.

Now that's something to look forward to!

No comments: