Thursday, August 28, 2008

Muscles

I notice when I sit curled up in a chair for awhile, and then stand up to go into another room, it takes me three or four steps to straighten out all the way and walk upright. What is that about? The muscles just don't seem to make the quick adjustment they used to - like everything else in my body they seem a bit worn and slow. When it happens I usually think something along the lines of "My kids must think I am looking really old these days" because I remember observing such changes in my own parents and thinking that very thing.

I am enjoying my age - it is full of new experiences and tempered with contentment. I no longer worry about the future because I've lived long enough to know the future will take care of itself. But I wish I had the mind of a 57-year-old and the body of a 27-year-old.

Now that would be a winning combination!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes - a WINNING COMBO! Sign me up too!