Friday, August 22, 2008

Memory

Earlier today - or maybe earlier this week - I can't remember which - I told somebody I would do something for them. I remember the conversation enough that I remember saying "No problem! I can do that in a couple minutes! I'll take care of it right away." Now, I cannot remember the person I was talking to, the place we were, any of the details of the conversation (as in what it was I was promising to do) and I'm totally confused. What do I do now? I can't go back and ask what it was I promised to do, I can't do it now even though it might be late - I'm stuck in this world of not knowing anything basically.

It's very unfamiliar territory for me. I am a person who has always prided myself on a pretty reliable memory for details and here I am not remembering enough to even back-track and fix all of it. I'm basically screwed.

My memory has failed in the past but never quite to this extent. I'm not worried about Alzhemiers - not yet anyway - but gosh I hate not being someone that others can depend on.

I supposed it's time to begin writing everything down. Everything. What a drag....

No comments: