Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm so tired!

What's with the exhaustion? I used to have boundless energy (well maybe not BOUNDLESS) and lately I just want to hang in bed in the morning, listening to the birds singing and enjoying the early morning cool air. Of course I don't, because my Puritan guilt kicks in pretty early on and I figure the day is wasting, but honestly, what gives?

It's a strange phenomenon, this idea of your body wearing out. I see it all the time when I'm doing ambulance calls so I know the reality, but still, its odd. A majority of our work is with the elderly and seeing them in their homes, surrounded by photos of them in their prime, well - it's sobering.

Why is it that we simply don't come with expiration dates so at least we know what we're dealing with? Or why can't we go into the shop and pick up spare parts when something feels worn out? I suppose it's better that we make room in the world for the next batch of babies to grow into, but even as a person of faith, I am puzzled by the whole plan.

Some day I hope to ask the questions in person when I meet the manufacturer.

No comments: